This is an acupuncture technique where by a small electrical current is passed between needles which have been inserted in specific acupuncture points.
- Each Electro current connects two selected points
- The intensity and frequency of the voltage is adjusted manual
- Developed in 1934 in China as an extension of hand manipulation to provide continuous stimulation during surgery
- Widely used in TCM acupuncture due to its benefits and convenience.
Effectiveness of Electro Acupuncture
- Effective at reducing chronic pain and muscle spasms
- Beneficial to patient who do not respond well to normal acupuncture
- Ensures continued adequate stimulation among points
- Produces a stronger stimulation than manual acupuncture without damaging tissue
- Effective for patients with chronic nociceptive pain
Carla Downton is a trained Medical Acupuncturist and can provide Electro Acupuncture for muscloskeletal conditions.